Jump to Directory on Type

Client feature requests, product gripes, and other general questions.

llamaofthesea

Jump to Directory on Type

Post by llamaofthesea »

Just coming back to Core after using some other programs - Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but I couldn't find it in the forums. Is there a way to change the behavior of keystrokes in the local/remote directory list?

For example, we have some rather large directories. Say I have the following directories (shortened for my example):

Can I change Core's behavior so that if I left-click on 100 when the directory loads, but I need to jump to "123", I can type in "12" to get me there? With Core's default behavior, if I type in "1", I stay at 100, and when I type in "2", I jump to 200. (In other words, I want Core to look at more than just the first letter/number of the file or directory name). Typing it is fast doesn't seem to get me there.

Filezilla and other FTPs have this functionality which makes navigating directories a lot quicker. Those programs usually have a time function built in, so that if I type in 1, then wait a few seconds and type in 2, I'll jump to 200, but typing it in without the pause will take me to the 123 directory.

Thanks