Upload and download speeds

Core FTP Mini Server questions and answers
NuthinsEZ

Upload and download speeds

Post by NuthinsEZ »

Hi there,

I hope one of the geniuses out there can help me with what is probably an extremely dumb question...

My friend and I both have Core FTP lite and I have just recently started using the mini server. There are no connection problems, but I was wondering if there is a way to increase the up/download speeds? We both have cable modems and my download speeds are okay (normally around 100 KB/s), but my friend cannot get above 10 KB/s when downloading from me. Also 10 to 15KB/s is about the most I can manage when uploading. Any suggestions are most welcome - just keep the techno babble to a minimum! Thank you.
NuthinsEZ

Post by NuthinsEZ »

Hi CP,

I have unlimited bandwith and these are the details when I click 'Help'=>'about': Version 1.3, Build 1416.02

Over to you and thank you for taking an interest!

Best wishes...
NuthinsEZ

Post by NuthinsEZ »

Hi again CP,

Not at all; in fact you are being very polite to me, because I should have realised immediately what you meant! :oops:

My maximum speed to other FTP servers normally ranges in the 25-30 KB/s range. In other words, double what I am getting at the moment.

Kind regards...
NuthinsEZ

Post by NuthinsEZ »

Hi there,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I've been on holiday. I will try what you have suggested and get back to you.

Thank you once again for being so helpful.

best wishes...