CoreFTP keeps crashing

Report client bugs
MattBAA

CoreFTP keeps crashing

Post by MattBAA »

For some reason, all my images are in the proper folder. When I go look at the folder on the web, there is almost nothing there. So, I want to download everything from Core and save them on my computer. Everytime I do that, the program crashes with a critical error. Why is it doing this, and how can it be fixed? Thanks!
ForumAdmin
Site Admin

Re: CoreFTP keeps crashing

Post by ForumAdmin »

make sure you are downloading to a existing directory that you have permission to.

If there is a coredump.log in your Core FTP installation directory, send that in to support.
UMG

Post by UMG »

I have the same problem with CoreFTP crashing all the time, but I'm not getting a coredump.log file, I get stuck at a crash/debug dialog.

It seems to be as CoreFTP is disconnecting from the server after finding no files to transfer. (When it actually exits it takes ~3 seconds from when I click the OK to exit to when the CoreFTP window goes away, so there must be something in that cleanup code that fails sometimes.)
ForumAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ForumAdmin »

If this was while using the Windows SSL option, it may be fixed in build 1960 and greater
UMG

Post by UMG »

Sadly, the sites I am having the crashes with are using SSH not SSL. (And I have to use the Putty compatibility to get it to work at all.)
ForumAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ForumAdmin »

If you have a log, post it here or send in to feedback at coreftp.com

The log will show the server type you are connecting to and it can be tested here.