Using Global Site Profile Instead of User Defined

Core FTP client questions and answers
Bean

Using Global Site Profile Instead of User Defined

Post by Bean »

This is the only documentation I have found (see below) ...I have tried the first option of exporting the site profile. The export and import global don't appear to have issues. Where exactly do I see that the -importglobal worked. I only have 1 site profile and nothing shows up under site manager. When I run my command line script nothing is sent and nothing goes to the log file???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site profile not found errors - Make sure the user account calling Core FTP is the same one that created the site profile.
If this is not an option available to you, you can setup Core FTP to have site profiles available to all user accounts.

To have all user accounts access site profiles, there are two options.

1: Export Site profiles (right click list of sites in the Site Manager) to a file, then call coreftp.exe -importglobal <exportfile>
This will put the exported site profiles into the global registry (available to most user accounts by default).

2: Use file based storage (View -> Options -> Data -> Use default configuration file. You will have to either re-enter your site profiles or you can call coreftp.exe -import <exportfile> to import them.
ForumAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Using Global Site Profile Instead of User Defined

Post by ForumAdmin »

unless you are using Window versions before Windows 7/2008, you will need to use file based storage for all users to see site profiles.
Mcloughlin

Post by Mcloughlin »

Are the older versions readily available to download somewhere?
ForumAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ForumAdmin »

coreftp.com/download/archive/