Upload to Multiple Folder

Core FTP client questions and answers
daena76

Upload to Multiple Folder

Post by daena76 »

I need help in uploading a file to multiple folders in one schedule or click. Right now I have 24 domains that holds the exact same folders. If I updated one file, i have to upload the file update to all 24 domains. Is there an easier way to do this? I am expected to revise the website in a few days, expanding the folder for more streamlined member search and navigation, creating hundreds of subdomain and an update upload to hundreds is rough.

Any suggestion is very much appreciated. ~ Daena
mike

Post by mike »

I've haven't done that many domains but I have done 4-5 at a time.

What you do is login to each site and queue up each file for each site (you can queue up files for multiple sites). When you are done, right click on the transfer queue and save it as a template for later in case you want to edit it.

Schedule the current list of transfers in the transfer queue and they should run for each site. You'll only have one scheduled task for all sites.
Brendon K

Post by Brendon K »

Are each of these domains literally exact copies of one another? If they are, why not use redirect rules instead, and update a single domain, but point all of the other domains to the primary?

The biggest problem with this is that there would be one point of failure, so if the main site goes down, all domains would also go down.
daena76

Post by daena76 »

Brendon K wrote:Are each of these domains literally exact copies of one another? If they are, why not use redirect rules instead, and update a single domain, but point all of the other domains to the primary?>
This is an idea. If I point all header and footer php file to a main one, all the others will update. Let me try and i'll tell you guys how it went.

Thanks. If i fail i will need you again. :-)
daena76

Post by daena76 »

mike wrote:I've haven't done that many domains but I have done 4-5 at a time.

What you do is login to each site and queue up each file for each site (you can queue up files for multiple sites). When you are done, right click on the transfer queue and save it as a template for later in case you want to edit it.

Schedule the current list of transfers in the transfer queue and they should run for each site. You'll only have one scheduled task for all sites.
I'll try this too! Thanks