Command line CoreFTP waits forever after sending password

Report client bugs
danwildppluk

Command line CoreFTP waits forever after sending password

Post by danwildppluk »

Hi, I'm having trouble with the command line version of CoreFTP.

I've got several downloads scheduled though batch files + Windows task scheduler in 5 seperate tasks.

The issue I have is that occasionally after sending the password the FTP server does not respond. The CoreFTP task doesn't appear to time out so nothing further in the batch file runs and the scheduled task sits there doing nothing till it times out.

Is there anyway I can have CoreFTP time out on this or retry the command as I'm not sure I'm going to have much look on the server side getting this resolved.

Cheers
robschlein

Post by robschlein »

I have the same problem recurring more often these days. I batch an upload each day. About 1/3 the time, the status bars shows a file complete, then it hangs on the second. Sometimes it just never seems to connect.

Only a ctrl-break resolves this. The #monitor is a possibility, but how do I program the batch file to try again? Is this a new issue in the later releases as I haven't had this problem until recently.
danwildppluk

Post by danwildppluk »

I believe the root of my problem is at the server end but the monitor parameter is of limited use to me. I need the command to abandon the transfer after a time-out and retry.
mike

Post by mike »

Try

-output <outputfile>

It has results for transfers. Based on the results you can retry your transfer again. Use corecmd.exe to block transfers until they are finished.