Command line mode question: specifying space in dir name

Core FTP client questions and answers
maurert

Command line mode question: specifying space in dir name

Post by maurert »

I'm starting to figure out the command line mode. I found the -recurse switch elsewhere here, that was helpful. Now I have a problem with specifying a directory with a space.

For example I can upload a windows directory with the name "C:\coreftp" but not one named "C:\core ftp". I've tried different combinations of uses of single and double quotes but to I still get and error.
mike

Post by mike »

Try "C:\core ftp\"
maurert

Thanks mike.

Post by maurert »

C:"\Program Files\CoreFTP\coreftp.exe" -site konabear_test -u g:"\coreftp etst" -recurse -O

and

C:"\Program Files\CoreFTP\coreftp.exe" -site konabear_test -u "g:\coreftp test" -recurse -O both work...now.

I swear I tried both those placements for the double quotes before and neither time did they work. Somewhere else I read that switch placement is somewhat sensitive and I think I had the -site after the -u specification.

Other things are a bit different today too. I have four sites defined. Saturday playing around I had two uploads to the same site going through the GUI. When I'd open the GUI a third time the site I was already using wasn't in the site manger list. Today I can open three GUI sessions and have them all connect to the same site.

During the issue on Saturday I wanted to play while the uploads were going on to the first site so I created konabear_test. A while later I had one of the uploads hung entirely and I ended up rebooting. AFter the reboot the first site was not listed in the site manager, but konabear_test was. So a site disappeared from the site list.
maurert

More

Post by maurert »

CP,

Thanks for your response. The site manager is behaving itself now. Not sure whick configuration I'm using.

Re the quotes: I'm using various examples found here and in the help text. The forum examples, the one that includes the -recurse I believe, uses the c:"\Program Files\CoreFTP\coreftp.exe" syntax, so I'd copied that. The help text example clearly moves the first quote before the c:.

Todd
Brendon K

Re: More

Post by Brendon K »

maurert wrote:CP,

Thanks for your response. The site manager is behaving itself now. Not sure whick configuration I'm using.

Re the quotes: I'm using various examples found here and in the help text. The forum examples, the one that includes the -recurse I believe, uses the c:"\Program Files\CoreFTP\coreftp.exe" syntax, so I'd copied that. The help text example clearly moves the first quote before the c:.

Todd
Welcome to the forums, Todd. Hope you'll stick around and help out when and where you can, as you seem to actually know your stuff.
maurert

Post by maurert »

Brendon K wrote: Welcome to the forums, Todd. Hope you'll stick around and help out when and where you can, as you seem to actually know your stuff.
Shh, you'll start nasty rumors. If my friends knew I was learning CMD .BAT files instead of DCL, I'd get disowned! ;)

todd
Brendon K

Post by Brendon K »

maurert wrote:Shh, you'll start nasty rumors. If my friends knew I was learning CMD .BAT files instead of DCL, I'd get disowned! ;)
I'll keep it on the down-low. :)

Just out of curiosity, which DCL acronym are you referring to? Digital Command Language? (To keep this topic actually on-topic, I won't reply after this. :))
maurert

Post by maurert »

Brendon K wrote:
Just out of curiosity, which DCL acronym are you referring to? Digital Command Language? (To keep this topic actually on-topic, I won't reply after this. :))
Yes Digital Command Language