Core FTP as web file download defailt

Report client bugs
bollockchops

Core FTP as web file download defailt

Post by bollockchops »

Hi folks,

I made the msitake of accepting the automated offer of using Core FTP to downlaod a file from the web, and now I can't turn that default condition off.

firstly, it downloads to a totally osbscure directory, (the one I last uploaded from...not a typical file storage localle) and doesn't seem to let me change the path. or if I try I get a critial error.

Secondly, I can't go back to good old http file transfer, or at least I can't figure out how to turn off the default usage of Core FTP for any file download...it is too darn sticky as an applicaiton.

any help form the gallery?

Bill
jeffd

Post by jeffd »

bollockchops

I followed the link, but it didn't help me.

Post by bollockchops »

the reply to a similar question to which you refer merely points out that there is a "small box in one of the corners of the Core FTP window" which I am at a loss to find.

If you are familiar with this box, could you or womeone else reading thsi please post a screen shot with it highlighted?

BTW...I think I have the trial version, if that makes a difference, which I don't think it should. But *should* and reality are often strangers.
Brendon K

Post by Brendon K »

Different versions of CoreFTP have different options. Try the following:

- Tool menu: View --> Options
- Under the "General" section (make sure "General" is highlighted on the left side), click the "Browser Integration Button"
- Choose "No"

...I think this is what you'd need to do.

Note: Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer share the same base code (in reference to the older post).
bollockchops

Yahooo! That worked...thank you thank you thank you

Post by bollockchops »

B.