Scheduler/Time problems

Core FTP client questions and answers
laken

Scheduler/Time problems

Post by laken »

Hi,

i write this post because the support isn´t responding to my emails :(

I had a problem with the scheduler. It looked like it´s not working but it does...in the background. But 2 things:

1. i think there is a time difference. The data is already on the server. I said “overwrite if newer” but it copies all. i chnaged the servertime to exact the time of our local server. Also when files uploaded the date is set to 0:00h!!! Do you have an idea to fix this? I want only the new or changed files be uploaded.

2. If i queue a folder and add it to the sheduler (expl. /backup/flexi), then i choose “*.*” for filespec, the scheduler switch to one level up in the directory (/backup/). This isnt good, because i have some folders i dont want to upload.

It is very confusing when the scheduler say “task is done”, but it is in progress. Can i somewhere see the status of this task? Opening the logfile again and again isn´t kool.

Greetz
laken

Post by laken »

Ok, i disabled the MDTM option. But after upload it sets only the time to 0:00h. While uploading a file the time is the actual time not the time the file was saved...and after the upload it is 0:00h.

The "Convert files to GMT" is off and Hour offset is 0 (is set both the local and the remote server to the same time via timeserver).

Normaly the files has to skip because there already there on remote server, but if the time is 0:00h on remote, the local files are newer. So everything would be uploaded again (+20.000files, 40gb).
Do i have to change the offset? or do you have an idea?

If i do the same manualy (mark the folders > queue >process) it works fine. the old files were skipped and new files uploaded.

PS: I returned the emails to the support. Do i have to put the registration id in every email?