Compression

Core FTP client questions and answers
LesD

Compression

Post by LesD »

Just trying out CoreFTP Pro for use as a command line FTP client, I was rather surprised at the wealth of features. Looks like I may be able to combine work done by several packages I use for backups into a single product.

For the moment just looking at compression.

1. On one PC I get the "Compression" option listed on the menu but not on an other machine. Why?

2. Is there some way to specify AES encryption rather than what looks like a standard WinZip password?

3. Having entered a password once, the same password is used even when I do not select to use the same password.

4. Last night I noticed that not all the displayed dates follow the system date format. Some were in US mm/dd/yy rather than our dd/mm/yy. I can report back when I see them again.

5. In the bottom section of the screen where qued items are shown, the fact that encryption has been selected is not shown.

Thanks.
LesD

Post by LesD »

I have the answer to my first point.

On one machine I first installed the lite version and then the Pro on top. Seems like the lite version remained. Uninstalled and re-installed Pro and Compression is now there.
LesD

Post by LesD »

Answer to my point 4 now discovered in Global Settings > Display

What confused me was that many dates WERE in the expected format.
LesD

Post by LesD »

Thanks - I have sent a feedback request. What we need is that the contents of the zip file should be encrypted rather then the session traffic.