CoreFTP LE - site import problems from coreftp.cfg

Report client bugs
hudsonm

CoreFTP LE - site import problems from coreftp.cfg

Post by hudsonm »

Hi,

I am looking at using CoreFTP LE (version 2.1, build 1568, O/S: XP SP2) as part of an FTP solution in our business.

I need to be able to take a standard list of sites (all internal) and distribute to a number of client PC's. Distribution is not a problem as it can be done as part of our login scripts.

However to make it easy to distribute changes (until "go live" changes are likely to be very frequent) I must set CoreFTP LE to use the Configuration File "coreftp.cfg" and distribure this file. The problem is that once the new coreftp.cfg file has been copied to a client, when CoreFTP LE is opened it shows no sites in Site Manager. The only way to get these to appear is to
do an import and choose any file (.exe, .dll etc...). This then says "Read 0 sites" and then the Site Manager will display the sites from the coreftp.cfg. I am concerned that this process is not ideal, may be confusing to uses and result in confusion and many calls to our Service Desk.

Does anyone know of a solution to this? Is it a known bug?

Many thanks for any help.

Best Regards

Mark
mike

Post by mike »

use the import/export option in the Site Manager or the coreftp.exe -import <exported_sites_file>