My needs before we purchase.

Requests, suggestions and other ideas related to Core FTP Server
kyoo

My needs before we purchase.

Post by kyoo »

After a quick look through the setup documentation and a few posts, I thought I'd list off my needs before we purchase a corporate license.

We require our FTP server to read our user accounts and settings from a SQL database. This allows us to manage the users in one location and automate their creation. This also allows 3 FTP servers to host or FTP site behind a load balancer.

I'm not certain how the server supports FTP and SFTP at the same time, but I would need a single domain to operate both protocols. I saw some various posts on this subject that had no clear answer.

I would need the user home directories to be able to be defined with UNC paths. These UNC paths would be accessible by the active directory account that the CoreFTP service would run as. Each user should have their own home directory listed. It should not be required that a user's home dir be a subdirectory off the Domain's Base Directory.

I believe this is already implemented.. but just in case, we would need to define subdirectories within each users home directory as being readonly or read/write, etc... example:
/ readonly
/read readonly
/write writable

Preferrably some command line method of creating users. This could be as simple as us inserting a row into the database tables. But we would need an encryption routine for the passwords.

Thanks! Let me know when CoreFTP supports all of this, and I'll get our order in.
gabi

Post by gabi »

I would also require users to be stored in a mysql database. Is this in plan for a future release ?

Gabi