Small Files estimate several hours to transfer, then fail

Report client bugs
atldsl

Small Files estimate several hours to transfer, then fail

Post by atldsl »

I've been a Core ftp Lite user for some time and suddenly over a period of a few weeks the application began estimating serveral hours to transfer files as small as 3MB. It always seems to transfer 511bytes and stops. When I downloaded another ftp program like CoffeeCup or SmartFTP, it works fine.

I want to keep using Core because it shows the batch of files that I'm uploading and is easy to use.

I've uninstalled and tried reinstalling a newer version of Core, but still no success.
mike

Post by mike »

try unchecking the PASV option. The other clients might not be using PASV by default.
atldsl

Post by atldsl »

mike wrote:try unchecking the PASV option. The other clients might not be using PASV by default.
I don't think active/passive is the issue. First this issue occurs on every ftp site I've tried. Second, the ftp site only allows passive mode. Core will ask if I want to try in the opposite mode and while in passive mode I have no trouble getting into the sites, no trouble downloading from the sites, but as soon as I try to upload the Core status immediately starts climbing upward of 2,3,4,5 days to transfer.

I have one other box where Core is working fine to these sites. But I have had other boxes where Core has worked fine then suddenly stopped working for uploads.

Core is a great program, but I'm afraid to recommend it to buy as recently I've seen this upload/timeout problem on multiple boxes that I've tried.